Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blog for Friday Oct 28 socialization

I didn't get to go on the field trip because I was already on one that day. However, regarding what impacts me the most I would say my parents and peers socialize me the most. My parents have taught me my morals and attitudes. They've let me grow up by learning from my mistakes and to recognize when I'm in a good or bad situation. My peers also influence me because there actions can start to become normal. I know i've been in situations where people are making bad decisions and, though, I'm never outright told to follow them, it seems as if the only natural thing to do is follow along. Thankfully, those morals my parents enforced upon me when I was younger prevented me from making a mistake. I think it works almost like a "checks and balance system" because I'm gravitated to act like my friends but I have a voice of reason in the back of my mind telling me what's right thanks to my parents. I think now by my senior year of high school, I've learned what type of friends I want to be around and to trust. Now my friends impact can be a positive thing because we encourage each other to keep up our grades and get into a great college. I think all factors around us help to socialize us, but as long as I circle myself around positive people and follow my parents teachings, this socialization is actually a good thing.
     I thought the movie we watched on media showed how our values are influenced even when we are young. The fact that so much time and effort goes into researching children is actually really creepy. I think it stops kids from growing up slowly or interacting "naturally" since children are being marketed to what's the cool instead of what they want. The more children are exposed the more they will find value in money and owning lots of material items. I think the movie showed how socialization works in media-especially how powerful it can be at a younger age.

No comments:

Post a Comment